24 May 2012

Shabby Chic in Mexico

Thursday Thrifting

Yes, I'm a Christian but I didn't bring home Jesus in a starfish shell home for that reason alone. I bought this because I've never seen one like it before. I can't make out the label at the bottom of Jesus' feet so I can't share from which country it originated from. My guess would be Brazil. Behind Jesus is a clam shell with a crack to the bottom left. I'm still working on how to fix this.

I'm starting to feel the pinch for a more 'feminine touch' to our home. I don't know if it's because I'm bored with 'child proof' interiors or I'm feeling outnumbered with three males in our family. Either way, when I spotted the tablecloth of roses I ripped it off the rack. Ladylike, I was not. The tag reads 'Penny Scallan Australia'. I'm also a sucker for tags when they have the words, Australia or New Zealand.

Immediately I thought of Rachel Ashwell who's TV show I used to watch. Swoon. It used to be, if I can find 'shabby chic' in blue tones, then Leo wouldn't be so 'Um' about it. I'll be truly honest, my style is more a Shabby-Chic-in-Mexico-type. Not sure what that is? Don't worry, I'm still working on it.

Jesus in a starfish shell on a tablecloth of roses is a good start though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish you a beautiful day just for leaving me a comment. I hope to visit your blog soon.