29 March 2012

Thursday Thrifting: Oriental finds

Top: Imperial Boxed Yellow Placemats
Below: Goldfish and Blossom Vases

As soon as I walked into the thrift shop, the box of yellow placemats caught my eye. The back of the box reads, Shanghai Tang. I'm very selective about vases, the goldfish are a wonderful orange-red.

In my early twenties I went through a Chinese-phase. I would read books about Chinese culture, watch Chinese films, eat Chinese cuisine and I would shop almost every other weekend in Chinatown, Sydney. I even owned two tanks of goldfishes until my step-father overfed them. Whenever I come across Chinese-style goods in a shop it brings back good memories for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish you a beautiful day just for leaving me a comment. I hope to visit your blog soon.