7 February 2012

Two Hundred

Today is Charles Dickens' 200th Anniversary. The first of Dickens' writings I ever read was A Christmas Carol, discovered in a stack of old books my Mother was given by the Salvation Army. This was followed by Great Expectations, a novel I didn't enjoy reading if it wasn't for the ever encouraging, Mrs Thompson.

In all of my school years, my English teacher Mrs Thompson, was my favourite. She always ensured we, her students, never lagged in our reading list and if it wasn't for her patience I would not have grown to love William Shakespeare. Whenever I see a TV/film production and re-production of all the novels and plays I studied under Mrs Thompson's tutelage, I quietly thank her.

I hope and pray, that our children will be blessed with at least one teacher like her, in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish you a beautiful day just for leaving me a comment. I hope to visit your blog soon.