I still believe that the world is full of lovely surprises. They don't have to be major, expensive or extravagant.
They can be as simple as:
- a child who picks flowers for you
- a partner taking the day off so you can rest
- an upgrade to your hotel room or plane seating
- a friend who drops by for coffee (from another State)
- a stranger who compliments you while waiting at the pedestrian lights.
All of the above have happened to me and when I think carefully back, a few more. For all the times when I've wished I had a disposable income, more time, or more hands - I just have to remind myself that sometimes "Good things come to those who wait."
Here are some lovely surprises that I wouldn't mind when that day comes:
I would love to open envelopes like this.
The good witch Glinda's slippers.
Scrabble and coffee? I'm in!
For the organiser in you (and me).
Do you like your fruit and vegetables?